some quick questions.

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

botomatic1000

some quick questions.

Post by botomatic1000 »

Hello there im looking to buy one of the shockbot grabbers and too enter some sort of tournament. my only questions are
1.do you need to be an fra member to enter an event e.g a.w.s or ant freeze
2. can someone give me a list of events and there dates throughout the year

anything will be handy and many thanks for all contributions if you do add anything :wink: :D :)
Ethan Wall KINGS HEATH COLLIDERS
Current Robots: Sprat Bait: The worst 150g Wedge ever built...
Elysium 1.4: Antweight Undercutter, built by Team Riptide, Brummie glass cannon edition!
Barracuda: Beetleweight Vert... hates working...
joey_picus

Re: some quick questions.

Post by joey_picus »

Hiya, welcome to the world of antweights! :)

1: Nope :3 There's no need to become a member of or pay anything in order to get involved in antweights; we do without the FRA for the most part. (they do a lot of good work, but I find this is a friendlier community and there's far less politicking than you get with the bigger robots!)

2: The big upcoming event is the next AWS, being hosted in Coventry by myself and Scott. Beyond that it's not set in stone as such (one of the good things about ants is all you need is a fairly big room, so you don't need to prepare for months in advance...), but there's three World Series a year (so there'll be two more, most likely July/August and October/November), an Antweight Open (any time from September-December, if Hogi's running it), potentially another Ant Freeze (second half of the year?), and other events (the one myself and Dave Weston are planning for late May for one). Also you can generally find somewhere to run antweights at the big Robots Live and other shows; ask in advance if you're not sure :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
botomatic1000

Post by botomatic1000 »

thank you very much I heard the new one is in Coventry which is the nearest event to me of any robotics kind since robots live in kiddeminster (im a brummie).
Elysium 1.4: Antweight Undercutter, built by Team Riptide, Brummie glass cannon edition!
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

I should be able to host either an antweight open or an AWS depending on where we are with the antweight calendar by then. Welcome to antweights by the way.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
botomatic1000

Post by botomatic1000 »

cool :D hope I can enter the conventry one its rather local for me compared to most robot events (im brummie)