duel wielding servo weapons.

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Hogi

duel wielding servo weapons.

Post by Hogi »

hey guys. as some of you may have noticed at the last AWS, Hogi is equiped with a self righting mechanism. while contemplating ideas for the latest design today, it occured to me that with the recent reduction in drop off, it might be a decent idea to fit Hogi version five with some form of primary offensive weapon just to get a bit of an extra edge over the opposition. in this regard, i concluded that a second servo with a small grasbber arm attached to it would be best as it would allow me to get better control over the opponent in order to pit them and win. anyway, my question is: is it ok to run two servos through the same reciever on the same battery and main ESC board or would it overload the robot in any way? i'm using a mixed set up so the grabber would run on the throttle channel and the self righting mechanism would run on the rudder channel. would this be ok? thanks Dan.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
AntRoboteer

Re: duel wielding servo weapons.

Post by AntRoboteer »

Speaking as someone who actually does that (with AntWithTopHat), I can say that from my own experiences it should be absolutely fine. However, having two servos on the same stick is rather difficult to get to grips with! Make sure you get loads of practice controlling them together and you'll be fine, I reckon. :D
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

It should be fine like that, though why not make the grabber also self right?
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

i decided to change my plans in the end and instead of using two servos: one for weapon and one for self righting, i instead just used one servo and fitted Hogi with a flipper. i do love axes and crushers but the apeal of being able to win battles by firing the other robot over the low corner walls was just too much! :)

in other news: once i obtain some better servos, transit ant will have an axe weapon installed! no more boring 2WD pushers in my team!
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)