brushless help

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

suvv

brushless help

Post by suvv »

ok i have soldered everything together and all the conections are going to the right wires but all the motor will do is sit there and beep without responding to the rc at all the receiver is working cause it drives but its just a beep every 2 seconds im getting from the motor

any advice please
motor: http://robotbirds.com/catalog/product_i ... ts_id=5867
controller: http://robotbirds.com/catalog/product_i ... ts_id=7981
im using one of rory's receiver boards
how hard can it be???
Robots: Optimistic chances of self decimation (ant), Super generic box ant that everyone builds yehhh (ant)
haz

Re: brushless help

Post by haz »

what channel is the esc connected to, and what voltage are you running? is the esc getting full voltage from the lipo or just running off the BEC?

picture of your setup would be useful
Max

Post by Max »

He says he is using one of Rory's boards so the esc will be connected to the throttle channel
Make sure you bring the throttle stick the whole way down and the trim for the throttle channel in the centre or if anything up a bit. Often the esc won't start working until the throttle stick is the whole way down then it will make a sort of beeping activation sound then it should start working
suvv

Post by suvv »

this is how i have done it i have never used a brushless setup before not that you can tell ;)
Attachments
11289526_1612516458987933_1454075953_n.jpg
11289526_1612516458987933_1454075953_n.jpg (77.6 KiB) Viewed 7390 times
how hard can it be???
Robots: Optimistic chances of self decimation (ant), Super generic box ant that everyone builds yehhh (ant)
suvv

Post by suvv »

i would like t point out this is my first attempt so be nice i am aware it looks like crap
how hard can it be???
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Need to cut the red wire in the set of three signal wires going between the Brushless ESC and the RX. Can you get a closer shot of the wiring at the RX end? it's hard to see from the wiring. But it sounds like you've either got your throttle channel setup inverted on the transmitter, or that your stick just isn't down properly; Brushless ESCs generally make that slow beep noise when they're waiting for you to put the throttle to zero before starting.
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
suvv

Post by suvv »

ok it now spins up but only if the robot is not assembled i mean seriously this is getting ridiculous might have to stop for the night befor i get too annoyed at it
how hard can it be???
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Well when you next look at it, double check your wiring and and make sure any bare connections are wrapped in insulating tape or heatshrink. You've got a dodgy connection in there somewhere by the sounds of it.
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
suvv

Post by suvv »

i need to figure out a new blade anyway as the one i had planed to use was so unstable it was almost self destructive
how hard can it be???