New antweight fighter

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Re: New antweight fighter

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

This is what we need! Less "lets ban them", more "lets build something to try beat them". Kudos.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Nixon

Post by Nixon »

My thoughts exactly, a hard to beat bot like an EDF is great IMO as it'll drive innovation and make builders create some new and interesting designs.
Nixon

Post by Nixon »

Printed out the chassis and strapped in a TinyTwo and a 180maH lipo. Weighs 53g so far, so 97g for each of the modular weapons.
Attachments
print1.jpg
print1.jpg (73.27 KiB) Viewed 7199 times
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

My issue is that I don't feel like you should ever feel that you have to have a specific bot just to beat a specific other type of bot, which is exactly what is happening here. That said I do of course enjoy innovation and as such I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Isn't that the whole point of interchangeable weapons though? You choose the weapon that is most effective against the type of robot you are drawn against. There is no panacea, hence interchangeable weapons are one way of providing an array of means of tackling a variety of opponents.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Nixon

Post by Nixon »

I imagine I could beat most EDFs with a big enough spinner (coming soon ;) ) but I thought it'd be fun to try and design a weapon just for them to show they could be easily beaten.
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Looks great! I hope that one goes well because you don't see many antweights with interchangeable weapons and it is really nice to see someone giving it a go.
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

A big enough ant spinner can get through most things except a shallow ti wedge (eg Void). Also have to be wary of the blade's ground clearance as if the blade is too high off the ground then a low wedge will get under the blade and lift your bot up without touching the blade
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc