Hellooo!!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Fenrir

Hellooo!!

Post by Fenrir »

Hii, new member here and my name's Sean. I've been interested in antweights for a good year or so now, enough to buy a kit from this site, from Pete Collier,(huge thanks for that btw, wouldn't have known where to start without it) but after numerous redesigns I sort of gave up and my interest waned.. Until recently, and now I know a little more about what makes everything work I'm hoping things will go better this time around, although, with that said, I do have a bit of a problem.

I currently have one transmitter-receiver set, and that's a Flysky FS-T4B, and it did say on the eBay listing that it was a plane/glider/heli transmitter but I didn't think that was a problem, so I bought it anyway, but the way it's wired up means that whichever motor that's connected to channel 1 is activated by moving the right hand stick left and right. So to get both motors to go forwards, I have to push the stick to the top right corner. Which, isn't the end of the world, it just means my controls are skewed , but I'm wondering if there's any easy way to fix this. I will happily provide picture evidence if anyone's curious.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Re: Hellooo!!

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Hi bud, welcome.
This is a common problem. Basically it means there is no mixing available. Some transmitters and some speed controllers have built in mixing but it sounds like your set up doesn't. So you'd need a mixer.
I used to drive all my robots like that. I don't really recommend it!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Looks like you have not used mixing for the robot then as this would make it function as you would expect (forwards to go forwards, not top corners). I believe that transmitter has a V-Tail switch and channel reversing so you should try the V-Tail switch and then reverse channels until you get the desired effect.

Hope that works!
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

Thanks for replying, Dave. So, will any mixer do? I've done a quick ebay search (always the way :P), and the most common and cheapest components I've found are V Tail mixers? Are they what I'd be looking for? Thanks for the help btw, I'm not very knowledgeable in this sort of thing.

EDIT:Apologies AntRoboteer, I didn't see your reply, I'll have a mess around with it tomorrow before looking into buying a mixer or two, see what I can do. It did have a few switches at the bottom, and I had a quick mess around with them, but nothing special, so I'll look into them more.
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Yeah, a V-Tail mixer is the one you want; this kinda thing: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-TURNIGY-U ... 35bfe5ab61
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Yeah, one like the one Rory put up will do.
Don't worry about lacking knowledge, I started off exactly like you. You'll pick it all up very quickly. The antweight community prides itself on being open to all comers.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

i think the RW101 kit comes with two speed controllers doesn't it? ( one for each motor ) if that's the case then it should be simple enough to plug both of them into the mixer the same as they used to do with the modified servos in the old days before i started. after that you should just be able to plug the mixer into the reciever and it will mix whichever two channels it is plugged into, i think most people mix the aileron and elevator channels. that leaves the throttle channel usually controlled using the left stick open for a weapon. that's how i think it works doing it that way anyway, someone else better confirm it though.

ps: welcome to the antweight community dude. i look forward to seeing you at an AWS hopedfully with an awesome robot to battle it out with! :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)