Team Shakey Robotics - Ant parts for sale!

All things antweight

Moderators: petec, administrator, BeligerAnt

Shakey

Team Shakey Robotics - Ant parts for sale!

Postby Shakey » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:12 pm

I'll be using this thread just to help keep tabs on what I'm offering etc. and so you can look at. I'll keep the top post updated, eventually this will be all sorted by my fancy schmancy website and will serve as a nice announcement thread.

32mm x 8.5mm Silicone Moulded Wheels - "ToughHubs"

Diameter: 32mm - Width: 8.5mm - Weight: 4.4g

Using custom hubs with high grip Shore 10A tyres providing excellent traction to help give your robot a sharper competitive edge. They fit onto standard 3mm D shaft micro gearmotors as are widely used. Comes in black as standard.

Price: £4.00 (pack of 2)

40mm x 8.5mm Silicone Moulded Wheels

Diameter: 40mm - Width: 8.5mm - Weight: 5.4g (4.2g for light hubs)

A larger diameter version of our silicone moulded wheels to give bots more speed and to help build larger invertible robots with grippy silicone tyres. They fit onto standard 3mm D shaft micro gearmotors as are widely used. You can opt for the slighter hubs for no extra cost.

Price: £5.00 (pack of 2)

25mm x 7mm Silicone Moulded Wheels
[Picture Unavailable, same style as 22mm]

Diameter: 25mm - Width: 8.5mm - Weight: 2.9g tough hubs

A smaller diameter version of our silicone moulded wheels with our grippy silicone tyres. They fit onto standard 3mm D shaft micro gearmotors as are widely used.

22mm x 7mm Silicone Moulded Wheels

Diameter: 22mm - Width: 8.5mm - Weight: 2.2g tough hubs

A smaller diameter version of our silicone moulded wheels with our grippy silicone tyres. They fit onto standard 3mm D shaft micro gearmotors as are widely used.

Motor Brackets

Weight: 1.5g

These lightweight compact motor mounts are designed to hold standard micro-gearmotors securely by both the gearbox and the motor. Provided complete with mounting bolts they are an easy way to attach your motors to the chassis while still being extremely lightweight and strong.

Price: £2.50 (pack of 2)

Micro Gearmotors - 30:1

Weight: 9.5g

These are standard micro gearmotors for use in your robots, they are the standard dimensions as with other brands ones with a 3mm D shaft and can work with any of the Team Shakey wheels. The 30:1's (500 No-Load RPM at 6V) provide a quick yet controllable with good torque suiting it to most robots using 32mm wheels. These are the same motors provided in the NanoTwo Kit.

Price: £5.00 (Pack of 1)

Switches
Weight: 0.8g

These lightweight switches that you can add between the battery and your electronics so you can easily switch your robot on and off without having to open it and disconnect the battery. Standard 2 position 3 pole, when attatching simply use the middle and either outer pin.

Price: £1.00 (Pack of 1)

3D printing

Team Shakey can also offer 3D printing for you at a low cost on a precise Prusa i3 3D printer. Prints are done in PLA to provide the best warp free prints with exceptional strength. The large printer can print anything up to 190x190x190mm!

Please ask for details of the printer and its capabilities, colours in stock (For larger orders colours can be ordered in especially if they are not already in stock) and a quote on pricing (Send me a message on the forums or at 'shakey_aj[at]hotmail.co.uk' for enquiries). I can also design the robot for you with whichever features you choose (Note that I will not produce spinners for people unless they are already experienced roboteers).

A list of standard price sis available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Custom Antweight

I am able to design and make custom antweights for people to their specifications, each is a unique antweight (as opposed to something like a standard kit). I can either produce from parts you already have or source the parts myself though I will need all the parts to construct the robot (As opposed to just sending the printed chassis or working off of measurements of parts). I supply fully working AWS legal robots though do not provide a transmitter (All bots I produce are DSM2 based) or a charger. All robots are made on my own printer out of ABS as standard, polycarbonate is used where plate armour is needed.

There are a couple of restriction such as I normally do not produce spinners for people unless I am confident they can handle them and that I may refuse certain parts in a build due to not being adequate enough for a design (For example I do not build with the MG90 due to problems with the quality of the servos).

Please contact me for more details and a quote.

I am able to produce different diameters of wheel and if you are interested in other diameters please ask and if there is enough interest I will ready the wheels for you. I'll also be adding more products as I go through and will announce them all below! :) While I don't expect there to be any problems if you are not happy with anything then please feel free to contact me and we can sort it out. All weights listed are as precise as I can be but may vary.

Thanks,
Alex
Last edited by Shakey on Sun May 07, 2017 7:10 am, edited 34 times in total.
Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey:
AWS 44, 45, 49 & 51 Winner - Far too many robots to list!
I sell Antweight Parts, 3d Printing and Custom Designs!

Hogi

Re: Team Shakey Robotics - Wheels for sale!

Postby Hogi » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:04 am

are the tyres available without the wheel hubs? i have some very wide wheel hubs on transit ant and i thought maybe i could put a couple of tyres on each one.
Featherweight under construction.

Antweight to build list: 4Wd lifter, new clusterbot, secret project, walker of some description.

Team Hectic.

Shakey

Postby Shakey » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:51 am

I typo'd the price when I made the topic, actually only £6.50 (Don't business tired kids) :P.

And I'm not sure about selling just the tyres as I can't guarantee they will work with whatever hub you have. I do however have moulds I can set to any wheel width so could simply just run you some thicker tyres?

Hogi

Postby Hogi » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:34 pm

could you make them to fit pololu hubs?

Antweight to build list: 4Wd lifter, new clusterbot, secret project, walker of some description.

Team Hectic.

Shakey

Postby Shakey » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:46 pm

As they are you can just swap pololu wheels with my wheels and hubs without worrying. I can't make the tyres fit pololu hubs, I did try but couldn't get a quality I was happy with, the softer silicone I use meant that they would come off pololu hubs easily as the rims holding it on were not big enough. Hence why I made my own hubs that have strong rims on the hubs as opposed to moulded into the silicone, it gives a much better tyre that stays on under turning load. :)
Last edited by Shakey on Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hogi

Postby Hogi » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:23 pm

fair enough. may have order some of these at some point in the future.

Team Hectic.

Shakey

Postby Shakey » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:39 pm

I've added some more goodies! Low cost Neoprene wheels and motor mounts!

Check the first post for details! I'll also be stocking motors sometime soon.
Last edited by Shakey on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hogi

Postby Hogi » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:11 pm

will you be selling these at antfreeze Alex? i like the look off those new wheels. what are the grip statistics on these? if they're better than double pololus then i'll be wanting some. ;)

Team Hectic.

Shakey

Postby Shakey » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:41 pm

I've ordered motors for you guys, they are the same as I use in most my robots these days. I'll post more details once they are ready. Scales on route to so I can give more accurate weights to things. :D

I'm also ordering more filament colours currently stocking, black, white, red and dark grey and can order in more very quickly as I found a much better supplier. With that, other coloured wheels!

Some good work coming along on the website too so that should be fully functional with some handy features. Some people have already been using this but I can also design as well as print robots for you so if you want a 3D printed robot or parts but don't have the CAD skills that isn't a problem (There isn't time to do anymore past those I have already accepted for Ant freeze but plenty of time for the AWS).

Shakey

Re: Team Shakey Robotics - Ant parts for sale!

Postby Shakey » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:36 pm

Now stocking switches and motors! :D

The motors are the same as you'd find in Rorys kits and I use them in my own robots so they are combat proven.

Also just realised I missed this (Sorry): "I like the look off those new wheels. what are the grip statistics on these? if they're better than double pololus then i'll be wanting some. "
Gripwise a single silicone tyre has 60% more grip (Tested using Stanley pushing against scales) than a Pololu one. Doubling the width of a tyre gives 10-20% more traction so a single silicone wheel should have more grip than a double pololu. Though the robots own weight distribution will affect these numbers. Doubling wheel width doesn't scale linearly (Ie double the width is not double the traction) as it reduces the pressure per square centimetre of the wheels (Which is where the friction comes from).

Edit: I'm also mulling over some heavier but stronger silicone wheels after the last event, would there be interest in these? It just aims to afford more spinner protection to the hubs. These will be another version for sale not a replacement design.

Hogi

Postby Hogi » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:05 pm

i'll have to wait probably until either easter or my birthday but yeah i'll deffinitely be interested.

Team Hectic.

Shakey

Postby Shakey » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:44 pm

I had requests for some stronger wheels since some robots have the exposed where spinner hits are more likely. These weigh 4.4g per wheel but have thickened rims, hubs and spokes.

I've also been updating the weights of things to be more accurate.

And announcing:
PRE AWS SALE!
From now until the end of AWS 46 I will be offering £1 off of all 32mm silicone moulded wheels (£5 a pair)!

Shakey

Postby Shakey » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:53 pm

I was asked to do some 40mm wheels and thought it may be useful to more roboteers. The standard hubs weigh 4.8g each and I can do them in a thickened hub version like with the 32mm ones. They'll be £7 a pair normally.

Remote-Controlled Dave

Postby Remote-Controlled Dave » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:37 pm

Might be looking at some of them after the event. Will you bring some to show?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39

Shakey

Postby Shakey » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:40 pm

Yeah I'll be bringing a load of all my wheels for people who want to see/buy them to the AWS.

Return to “Antweights”