The smart ant's and flea's

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Rapidrory

Re: The smart ant's and flea's

Post by Rapidrory »

Smallest in antweights and fleas.. but there have been two Nano walkers :L I found 3 legs to be the optimum balance between smoothness and size, but yours seems pretty small as is.
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

so, we were steadily making progress on the walker, when we realized we only had a week befor antweight open, snuck up on us rather quickly.
with a whole team to rebuild or entirely make from nothing.

Smart ant 3, new polycarbonate armor and new tracks

Smart Ant 4, new stainless steel front plate and new wheels

Smart Ant 5, brand new version 2, being printed at the moment, a few improvements like stainless steel front on the flipper and other internal features

currently non existent unnamed walking cluster, may be called Smart Flea 3 (or one of them will be) most the cad still to be done and some failing walker prototypes along with custom pcb's not working and broken code. so might not make it to antweight open but it is a very cool design, using the same servo as most antweight flippers these days, the turnigy s306g-hv,
Team RobotMad, home of the Smart robots, and very mean pots :)
Chris and Lincoln Barnes
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Having finished exams i've finally had some time to start to design some new robots.

Thanks to the great success of the walking mechanism used in SmartFlea 3's i'm basically going to use that walking design on lots of robots now for a few reasons, 1. because of the extra weight from being a walker, 2. prove that walkers can be competitive and aren't just a joke, 3. it's hilarious the way they drift around the arena. 4. because i can!

In a single day in cad i've come up with the basic cad for 2 new ants.
1. a sort of cross between SmartFlea 3 and SmartAnt 5, meaning a big flipper what walks.
2. a walking spinner that i've had the parts to build for years and never built.
i may end up designing more robots than i can actually build :)

The software for the SmartBoard is still progressing, its a long process......., also working on new means of controls like using a phone app or a xbox controler, these work using the bluetooth le 4.0 that we put on the board.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

now paused all antweight projects sorry guys.
however i am going to build a beast of a robot. not for any size category but about beatle in size ish.
do you want to see me post things on that project and where should i post them. not really right to put on the antweight section. but not for beatles either. as it will be autonomous maybe under the autonomous section of the forum?
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I would certainly be interested and the Autonomous section would seem the logical place for it.
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Count me in as an interested person!
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

The autonomous section would be appropriate I would think, or you can put it in off-topic, regulars will find it if they're interested!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

The autonomous robot is still in progress, still designing the robot but will order the bits required soon.
but i've mostly been working on a antweight spinner,heading towards a design similar to a robot i think was called bulkhead?
basically a 3d printed metal horizontal bar. thanks to our new walking mechanism i can make walkers without many drawbacks and all the positives of the extra weight allowance.
Chris and Lincoln Barnes
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

i'm sure i'll build that spinner one day......
but for now, hears a tease of what will be SmartAnt 7, possibly to be nicknamed Anti gravity
sa7 tease .jpg
sa7 tease .jpg (36.71 KiB) Viewed 20517 times
Chris and Lincoln Barnes
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

well after aws 53, i have basically no robots left so, here are the plans for a whole new team of robots and a few more for the future.
starting with the spinner that i still haven't gotten around to building after several years of owning the parts to do so. a drum spinner with the new walking mechanism for extra weight. im probably going to cluster this with a nano, that does not walk, this needs clarification in the rules, if one part of a cluster is not a walker but the other part is, what weight is allowed????
i think i may call this odd combination, "Say Ello to ma little friend"
**cad still in progress**
spinner-min.png
spinner-min.png (98.44 KiB) Viewed 20437 times

next comes SmartAnt 3, version 2. addition of a flipper and redesigned from the ground up.
**cad still in progress**
sa3v2-min.png
sa3v2-min.png (141.45 KiB) Viewed 20437 times
now SmartAnt 5, version 2.1, the major parts that broke like the hinge have all been reinforced, other than that no major changes.
**cad complete, waiting to be printed**
sa5v2.1-min.png
sa5v2.1-min.png (165.65 KiB) Viewed 20437 times
Chris and Lincoln Barnes