Controversial Completion of a Cluster

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

AntRoboteer

Re: Controversial Completion of a Cluster

Post by AntRoboteer »

--Update--

I am now just going to create my own switch harness with a tiny, light switch and some cables leading to Futaba connectors. Hopfully, it should be really light! Thanks for the suggestion Shakey!

I was going to buy the HK servos suggested by Haz. They had come back in stock and I was just about to buy a couple when... they ran out. They have been in stock 3 days at the most and they are already out of stock! They must be great; shame I can't use them. Oh well...

Instead, I have settled for some old HXT500s that were lying about due to pot issues. I am going to replace the pot with 2 2.2k resistors and that should clear up the problem. I shall attempt to take the back off and try and speed hack them (if possible) to remove a gear therefore saving weight.

I'm using really thin plasic (just over paper thickness) which is rather light. However, nor is it sturdy but it will have to do. Perhaps cardboard would be stronger!

I am sticking with the same NiMH pack as I think it should be OK.

I am using an OrangeRx R615x with the shell off as the R400s seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth which is disappointing - I really loved those things...

So, thank you everybody for your kind and helpful suggestions; I'll keep you updated.

(By the way, does anybody know when the Orange Rx T-SIX transmitters will be back in stock and if they are any good for antweghts as I know the builder of Hogi and Thunderstrike uses one.)

Anyway, thanks very much (and sorry for the lengthy post!),

AntRoboteer
AntRoboteer

Re: Controversial Completion of a Cluster

Post by AntRoboteer »

--Yet another update--

I have worked with my fellow roboteer here and we have managed to cut down the weight on a little piggy thingy which should be able to be in this new cluster of mine which has been cut down quite substantially in weight. I am also making a really light new Class Act with the ideas listed belw which could cluster with a new robot from a new roboteer you might see at the next AWS. It should weigh around 45g approx and has a battery switch which altogether weighs about 0.15g which isn't half bad at all. Soldered onto my lovely Futaba connectors, it should work a treat! I really cannot wait to show off my creation that you all helped so much with at the next AWS - hopefuly not a fiasco like the last flea I made (that was AWFUL).

Anyway, thanks for your help! Like usual, I shall keep you updated.