Cluster Botlets

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

AntRoboteer

Cluster Botlets

Post by AntRoboteer »

Hi guys,

I am unsure about these things below:

1. Can you enter a botlet into many different clusters?
2. If one of the botlets dies, can the remaining one enter alone?
3. Again, if one of the botlets dies, can you put the dead botlet in with the working one and have the dead one counted out leaving the other to fight on?

Thank you very much for your help!
EpicentrE

Re: Cluster Botlets

Post by EpicentrE »

1. No; just as you wouldn't be allowed to enter the same robot more than once under a different name, a botlet cannot be entered as part of more than one robot. Otherwise 5 people with a flea each could enter them as 10 different clusters...

2. Yes; just as if your robot's weapon failed you would be allowed to continue to fight with it.

3. Yes, however this may count against you. Expanding on the above example, if you went into the arena with your weapon already broken, this would not count against you in the judging. However if your weapon stopped working immediately after the fight began, this would count against you. In this instance, as the extra "dead" botlet is being put in the arena and being counted out, the clusterbot as a whole is counted as having started the fight with it, and therefore it's being immobilised counts against it.

That's my interpretation, at least. Feel free to disagree with me :).
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes, but pointless. Just enter the working one on its' own.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Thanks ever so much for your help everyone. I shall make sure to bear that in mind for AWS 45!

Thanks again!