Battle Antz, Opinions?

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

deejaycool86

Battle Antz, Opinions?

Post by deejaycool86 »

Hi all,

I'm completely new to all this, only stumbled across the site doing research being honest.
I have however became a little intrigued by it all though, as a kid I was into remote control lego and cars etc.

I'd be quite interested to give it a go at building one of these: http://www.robotwars.tv/merchandise but at £142 I'd be interested to know if anyone's built one of these and what their like.

Would appreciate any reviews/advice on them,
James
haz

Re: Battle Antz, Opinions?

Post by haz »

Bit rubbish and they aren't an antweight so you couldn't enter antweight competitions with them. Underpowered drive and flipper. Real expensive for what it is in my eyes.

http://www.shockbots.co.uk/shop/4581149312

I don't know if Will is ready to sell these properly yet but its worth giving him a shout maybes. Its cheaper, competition legal and with good driving could easily be a winner.
playzooki

Post by playzooki »

i had one and they were ok, they are on the expensive side. Only legal at robot wars events. Don't use any cheap batteries, it wont even be able to flip an antweight.
Last edited by playzooki on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
playzooki

Post by playzooki »

(deleted, double posted by accident)
knightrous

Post by knightrous »

Another alternative is the BotBitz GreenAnt.
A complete kit with transmitter/receiver, charger and battery. Available in 8 colors
These a pretty proven kit with 16 of them setup in the Greent Ant's Nest (an arena setup for the public) which ran for 3 days and had over 500 kids play with them during the RoboWars Nationals 2013 :)

If you already have a transmitter, receiver and charger, you can just go for a custom kit that you only buy what you need (ends up a lot cheaper!)
Antweights: Scarlet

BotBitz - Antweight, Beetleweight & Featherweight parts at an affordable price.
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

i'd deffinitely either go for a green ant or wait for will's shockbots kit to come out. i have a battle ant ( an earlier model, minor design changes have been made since i got mine ) but they are still badly designed, underpowered and catastrophically hungry for tripple A batteries though. if you want to have a look at one, i bring mine to all events i go to.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

There's also the Robotwars101 shop that directly helps to support this forum:
http://robotwars101.org/ants/shop/
If you can't find exactly what you want, drop PeteC an email. Most things are possible!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
deejaycool86

Post by deejaycool86 »

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. I think I'll either give Will an email or have a look at the ones via this forum come payday.
playzooki

Post by playzooki »

BeligerAnt wrote:There's also the Robotwars101 shop that directly helps to support this forum:
http://robotwars101.org/ants/shop/
If you can't find exactly what you want, drop PeteC an email. Most things are possible!
To expand on this, there is an antweight construction kit, which seems reasonably priced and i will be using it for my first proper antweight :)