My first bot

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

natybug

My first bot

Post by natybug »

Hi,
I am building my first robot with some freinds and we were planning to use the botbitz kit. We have a couple of questions:
1)Is it possible to get the kit without the shell(we will be making our own to fit our design)?
2)If I want steering on the left stick and flip on the right what mode of transmitter do I need(and can I get the kit with that mode transmitter)
Thanks
Natybug
razerdave

Re: My first bot

Post by razerdave »

If you send a message to either Marto or Knightrous (Steve and Aaron), they will tell you if they sell without the shell.

By flip, I presume you mean throttle (it's what most people use as their flipper channel)? And if you want steering (forward, back, left and right) on the left, you're looking for a Mode 4, but they are hard to come by. You can rig any mode 1 or 2 (the most common) into Mode 4 with a little tinkering. I believe the kits come with a Mode 2.
natybug

Post by natybug »

Ok thanks
marto

Post by marto »

I honestly had never considered it without the shell.

Just checked on website and apparently you can. You just don't pick a shell colour. However it's probably cheaper to just get the parts separately if you are willing to do a bit of soldering. But if you want a plug and play solution then the kit is a pretty good start.

As for the transmitter I think I have mode 1s which is drive on left and flip on right. I personally prefer mode 2 which is steering on right and flip on left. I have mode 1s as that is the transmitters they have in our local warehouse. However you can simply unscrew the back and then swap them if your willing to do a bit of screwing around.

Guide is here
http://www.robowars.org/wikka/HobbykingModeConversion

Steve