Good weapon servos

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Septic343

Good weapon servos

Post by Septic343 »

Hi.

I'm new here and i was looking for a powerful weapon servo (for a flipper)
does anyone know where i could get one from?
Septic343
BeligerAnt

Re: Good weapon servos

Post by BeligerAnt »

Hi, and welcome!
Just to avoid disappointment, a servo won't give you a "powerful flipper" like only pneumatics can. However, you can make a perfectly serviceable flipper/lifter with a servo which could potentially overturn an opponent or lift them over a low wall, and certainly self-right the robot.

Anyway, you should look for a servo around 12-18g with the best combination of speed (less than 0.1s/60 degrees) and torque (at least 2kg.cm) that you can find. Metal geared servos are best for longevity. "Digital" servos give good performance but are sometimes outrageously over-priced!

The Savox SH-0257 is one possibility, alternatively the Hitec HS-82MG.

The GWS Park HPX-F has plastic gears but is a very tough servo, although possibly getting hard to find. Robotbirds list them but they're not in stock.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Septic343

Post by Septic343 »

Ok, Cheers :D
Septic343
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I just bought some HPX-F servos from hobby king, I'd say they're hands down the best weapons servo you can get for under a tenner, maybe even at any cost. I've never stripped a gear, but I have had a few go pop on 7.4v. Mind you, the one I'm using in COSMOS has been going strong for about 2 years now. Sparing use and good flipper design will help.