First antweight (want to check if im on the right track)

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

danjr1

Re: First antweight (want to check if im on the right track)

Post by danjr1 »

Just spoke to dave on the phone who explained that I will need to experiment with the pot to find the resistor values. Im using 2.2k resistors at the moment and I do have some control so im thinking its just the wrong values. Hopefully it a common size otherwise it will be very costly. If anyone can offer any help, im using the MG996R servo boards.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

If you have trouble obtaining the resistor values you need, let me know. I may be able to help :)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
danjr1

Post by danjr1 »

Ive changed my design now and was wondering how to bond polycarb to polycarb for the chassis? I've read the normal superglue will work but is this true?
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Superglue will weaken polycarbonate over time, and is not really recommended.
Nuts & bolts or rivets are the best bet. Epoxy can be used, but the best way is to drill holes in the pieces to join so that the epoxy runs through the holes and forms something like a multi-rivet joint.
Polycarbonate more than about 2mm thick can be tapped and will hold a machine screw quite well. M2 screws work well if you have thick enough parts to screw into.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
danjr1

Post by danjr1 »

ok, epoxy it is!

What thickness do people go for when making 3d printed chassis/ armour? would 1mm be enough or does it have to be a little thicker?

cheers!

Dan
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Depends on what its being used for. I know that 3mm will stop most if not all spinners, 1mm as a structural part is probably a bit thin. For example, the side armour on Baby Hell was mounted through a 1mm printed plate (part of the chassis), and it kept snapping off or breaking under spinner impacts. Changed to 3mm at the edges and its survived 2 spinner events with no issue.
danjr1

Post by danjr1 »

Nearly complete! servo boards and lemon Rx work great (although you have to sub trim quite a bit to centralise them) and the 3d printing has turned out well. At 86g, got plenty of weight left for the 1mm polycarb lid and Ti scoop. any tips are welcome.

Cheers, Dan
Attachments
AW2.jpg
AW2.jpg (21.13 KiB) Viewed 7138 times
AW1.jpg
AW1.jpg (27.22 KiB) Viewed 7138 times