Maybe...

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

MicroGravity100

Maybe...

Post by MicroGravity100 »

...I'll build this for the next AWS. Or the one after that. I dunno. Ants are too fiddly for me and my lack of hand-eye coordination :roll:
I'm looking to get it 3D printed, as parts obviously, then have four 50:1 motors as drive and a 100:1 motor for the axe, servo board controller, although probably a Sabertooth for drive as I'm sick to death of the poor quality drive of servo boards, and a 2S 120mAh LiPo. It'll probably be massively overweight, but it (just) fits in the cube and would be a nice gimmick at RW and RL shows.
(permission for the design has been given by Mr. Bell)
Team Rapture
Flow (FW)
Ricochet (FW)
RPM (BW)
SamO

Re: Maybe...

Post by SamO »

That's looking epic Jarvis!!!!!
Good luck with the build :)
SamO
Team Jeopardy
haz

Post by haz »

100:1 would be way too slow for an axe I think, and a sabertooth would be pretty bulky. Try botbitz?

but +10 for coolness :)
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

100:1 will be too slow on 2 cells. Baby Hell has a 50:1 HP motor on his.

Great design, i'm interested to see if you;d fit a sabretooth. I can make servo boards non-twitchy for you, just need your remote if you're coming to deeside ?
MicroGravity100

Post by MicroGravity100 »

Thanks Sam and Haz!
Dave, I am coming to Deeside, I'll talk to you there.
For some reason I had it in my head that Baby Hell used a 100:1 on the axe :-? . A 50:1 motor would be more convenient for delivery too, as BotBitz don't sell a 100:1 option! The whole thing has been created to size with a Sabertooth in, but the Botbitz ones are 10A, and about the same price. If only they told you what they weigh...
Team Rapture
Flow (FW)
Ricochet (FW)
RPM (BW)
haz

Post by haz »

Jarvis, I'll weigh mine tomorrow for you.. although they can be cut down to virtually nowt with enough time/mad soldering skillz.
knightrous

Post by knightrous »

MicroGravity100 wrote:Thanks Sam and Haz!
Dave, I am coming to Deeside, I'll talk to you there.
For some reason I had it in my head that Baby Hell used a 100:1 on the axe :-? . A 50:1 motor would be more convenient for delivery too, as BotBitz don't sell a 100:1 option! The whole thing has been created to size with a Sabertooth in, but the Botbitz ones are 10A, and about the same price. If only they told you what they weigh...
We use to stock 100:1 motors but no one bought them :(
Will look at tacking some of the specifications on the website shortly to improve the available information on the products :)
Antweights: Scarlet

BotBitz - Antweight, Beetleweight & Featherweight parts at an affordable price.