team hectic

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

AntRoboteer

Re: team hectic

Post by AntRoboteer »

And I thought Ant2D2 looked good... :-)

Fantastic looking robot there! Can't wait to see it in action!
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

hi guys. i am looking to make a grabber weapon for Hogi as i think it'll make it more successful and deffinitely more interesting. i just need to know, is it alright to plug a servo directly into the reciever as Hogi runs a really old ESC and the throttle pins are absolutely dear. thanks. :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

ok don't worry about it guys. i tried out the grabber idea and it didn't work too well so instead i've been playing around with various combinations for the clusterbot entry and i think if was to enter Hogi ( 110g ) with naughty penguin (40g) then that would be quite a good combo as Hogi seems to push just as well as ninety grams as it does at 150 grams and my previous clusterbot was funny with all the penguin tape but it wasn't too hard for opponents to overcome provided they could avoid transit ant's rather impressive full power charge at the start of the battle :)
naughty penguin didn't really accomplish any real attacks or anything though and this too shall fail only really did in a couple of fights. i'd rather have a cluster where both parts can actually attack effectively especially if we're going to be fighting in arenas with less/no drop off. Hogi entering as a fourth entry cluster would also mean i could bring back thunderstrike and non of my entries would just be single pushers anymore which is more fun :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

I can't think why the 40g one didn't do well ,let me just think...
Ah yes I was driving and driving terribly at that(at least twice i completely flopped of the edge)
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

i think the fact that it's probably the most terrible to drive robot may've had more to do with it Joel :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Hogi now has 8mm HDPE armour bulkheads on each side to protect the wheels and the innards. thinking of adding some more armour to ant2D3 and cut up as well because they're both underweight by about 20-30 grams each and there's not a lot else i can really do with them apart from maybe cluster one of them with this too shall fail but i think that'd just be quite boring.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Hogi

Post by Hogi »

ant2D3 has now been fitted with side mounted cable tie wings that start the battle curled under the flipper and then once the battle has started release and extend by lifting the flipper up. the purpose of these features is to help the to self right from it's side.
another upgrade that i did on it was the fitting of an acetate catch underneath the flipper. this will enable me to fold the acetate under the flipper and into the catch and then expand it once the battle starts by lifting the flipper.
the final upgrade i made was a grabber attachment for the flipper. it is a static top-jaw piece glued on top of the flipper so that when a robot goes onto the flipper i can lift them up hold them in mid air.
i'm hoping my new design features will work properly in combat but to be honest i just thought i'd better build something interesting as i have too many 2WD pushers on my team.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Sounds fantastic! Its a real pity I'll have to wait until later on in the year to see how it works out as I can't make it to AWS 47. I think I'd better come up with something as nice as that or else my robots are all going to be pushers too!
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

i think i've decided that cut up would be better off as an undercutter spinner for the next event. possibly even a walker as well depending on how well the fleaweight walker turns out.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Cut-Across then? Lol
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39