team hectic

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Hogi

Re: team hectic

Post by Hogi »

after another day's work...

Thunder strike now has interchangeable weaponry ( grabber and flipper ).

some parts of the spinner chasis have been cut.

Ant2D2 has had all useless weight removed and now sits slightly lower to the ground.

tommorow's targets: cut Hogi's new chasis parts, continue work on the spinner chasis, improve Thunder strike's new flipper as atm it's a bit bendy.

report ends :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

WOW! I love the idea of interchangeable weaponry! Awesome! Can't wait to see that in action. Now toying with the idea of doing this myself!
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Hogi's ESC just exploded so that's him out for the next couple of events. :( on the upside it means i don't have to choose one to sit out now. it also means my team will be a lot more interesting. previously it would've consisted of two pushers, a spinner and one that could either be a grabber or a flipper. now it will consist of a spinner, a flipper, an interchangeable grabber/flipper and one clusterbot of pushers.

as for interchangeable weapons: it's pretty easy to do. you just have to make sure your robot fits within the cube and weight limit with all of it's weapons. i think the easiest way to do it is to have a servo that wields an array of weapons each one with it's own servo horn.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Hogi

Post by Hogi »

updates:

so i decided to build a new chasis for Hogi as the old one was a bit close to the mark when it came to fitting in the cube and it got through pololu wheels like smarties. the new Hogi has a stanley like look about it although it is still two wheel drive. i have ordered a pair moulded wheels from Alex so this one should get even more traction than the last one. Thunderstrike has been dropped from the team to make way for the spinner which is currently having some 3D printed disc mounts printed. also, because Hogi will use moulded wheels transit ant can have the double pololus. my team now consists of a pusher, a flipper, a spinner and a clusterbot made up of transit ant and the nanoweight.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

TeamCrash

Post by TeamCrash »

I look forward to seeing the new Hogi.
Team Crash- Robots:
Crash (Antweight)
RDR (Antweight)
The Not So Grim Reaper (Fleaweight, retired during construction)
Crash XL (Beetleweight, construction phase)
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

here's the new Hogi. it has a nice low ramp aand 50:1 motors so it should be both controllable and a good pusher. the other picture is of all the robots i've built myself. from the left... original transit ant chasis, fleadom fighter, current transit ant, RDR chasis and the nano.
Attachments
HNI_0054_MPO.JPG
HNI_0054_MPO.JPG (92.51 KiB) Viewed 6585 times
HNI_0055_MPO.JPG
HNI_0055_MPO.JPG (79.49 KiB) Viewed 6585 times
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

The new Hogi looks great! I wouldn't say it looked at all like Stanley; looks quite original and awesome to me.
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

thanks antroboteer. hogi without wheels comes in round about 75 grams without wheels. fleadom fighter comes in at only about 65 grams so i was thinking of entering them as a second cluster provided i can fit the wheels in the weight limit. transit ant's cluster will this time hopefully consist of three botlets...
Attachments
HNI_0057_MPO.JPG
HNI_0057_MPO.JPG (100.17 KiB) Viewed 6577 times
HNI_0056_MPO.JPG
HNI_0056_MPO.JPG (106.13 KiB) Viewed 6577 times
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Fleadom Fighter and Hogi as a cluster would make a mean team assuming Hogi's performance isn't impacted too much by the lack of weight.
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

hogi will be using the moulded wheels that Alex sells so hopefully hogi will retain it's power despite the lack of weight. if not i'll weight it up to the full 150g and enter it singly i just thought a cluster would be more interesting.

EDIT: in testing hogi managed to ram transit ant and thunderstrike over a 1.5 cm wall and that's just on single pololu wheels so i don't think i need worry too much about power! :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights