team hectic

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Hogi

Re: team hectic

Post by Hogi »

one of ant2's servos burned out today so i guess it'll be going back to just being a flipper. oh well, at least it means i now don't have 2 grabbers in the main team, variety is good :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Yeah, variety's always good.. *Looks at the three spinners in my team*
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Hi guys. I've been very busy since the last tournament so I thought I'd post a bit of a team update. Cut up has now become a Walker and I have to say I think it's all the better for it. It'll be competing alongside one of the small robots formerly in penguins as a walker/roller cluster.
As well as this, transit ant V5 has been built and will serve alongside my new fleaweight K-boom and they will from the new penguins cluster.
My nano weight this too shall fail will now be clustered with Ant2D2 so that makes three clusters now on my team and of course Hogi who will be returning fully weighted and fighting solitarily. :-)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Hey guys I thought I should post my team's results and future improvements.

Hogi did quite well today but unfortunately its motor burned out and so I had to retire it. That seems like a good enough opportunity for a revamp to me as it seems to have become so warped and bent by spinner hits that it no longer runs to its original performance standard.

Ant2D3 will have to be revamped as well I think due to being destroyed by Andy again.... I've decided I'm finally going to ditch that old flipper arm as its absolutely ancient and I think after numerous spinner hits its actually beginning to gradually disintegrate.

Cut up 3 is having its spinner removed and an entirely new concept made for it as quite honestly its never really been a good robot despite a few lucky victories. I'm just going to face the fact that my tool set doesn't really bode well with spinner building. the walker mechanisms proved pretty limiting when it came to speed and pushing power so I think i'll just go back to wheels for the time being at least. expect another walker using the same mechanisms from me at some point though.

Penguins will pretty much stay the same I think as it worked quite well today and was definitely a lot of fun.

So all in all my team didn't get much luck today but I suppose I should just be thankful for something to do for the rest of the holidays. :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights