Jon's Cheerful Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bitternboy

Re: Jon's Cheerful Robots

Post by bitternboy »

Apologies, I made a mistake and thought the battery could supply 1.125A as oppose to 11.25A :roll: It's been a long day...
At the moment I have it running clockwise which I'm pretty sure is right, it's definitely pushing air in the right direction and making a lot of noise.
I'll put a picture up tomorrow but there's not much to it really, although I suppose the intake is pretty close to the ground which might restrict airflow.
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

HI!
Looks great, man, that's a lot of holes!!
If the fan is being run it the same orientation as in the pic, the fan spinning correctly will move air downwards lifting up the robot. If you want to reverse the flow, reversing the direction of the motor will give you only limited success. What I found was that lifting off the fan part, turning it upside down, (trimming down the domed section) and pushing it back on, is the best way to get the flow in the right direction. Or you could just turn the assembly upside down. :)
The original Fantom fan the edf unit upside down, but since then, I have removed the fan, trimmed it, and re installed it the other way up. It might explain why the airflow is in the right direction, but not as efficient as you would expect?

Hope that makes sense, Jim. :)
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Aah, I had a sneaking suspicion just running it backwards would result in problems. I'll flip the EDF for the moment and run it the correct way and see if I can flip and trim the fan after the AWS.
Thanks a bundle :D
Jonathan Atkinson
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

:)
Looking forward to seeing it in action.
And it's a "Claw-bot" ?????? :o
Brilliant!
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Well, it should be... if I can find an extra channel from somewhere :roll:
Jonathan Atkinson
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

You've got a 5 channel remote. A well-placed wire will give you your extra channel.
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

My thoughts exactly :wink:
Jonathan Atkinson
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Jonathan Atkinson
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Aw, I was expecting a video of it! Boo!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39