Jon's Cheerful Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: petec, administrator, BeligerAnt

bitternboy

Jon's Cheerful Robots

Post by bitternboy » Wed May 30, 2012 10:17 am

Decided to go with the flow and create a topic for my robots, although I have a feeling it won't be nearly as busy as other such topics as a result of me being a lazy perfectionist. :)

Anyway, (despite this being in the antweight section) here's a revamped Jeeves (fleaweight)...

...has a sort of blue-axe-claw thing which should improve things. Uses 50:1 HP motors, a 130mah lipo, peteW's really mini ESC/receiver and custom wheels (sewed the tyres up myself).Weighs about 76g so need to drill a hole in something. Need a clusterbot partner for the AWS BTW. Anyone up for that?

Antidepressant V5 is being a bit of a nightmare, I keep building it then realising I forgot something and having to take it apart again. :-? That'll be doe soon hopefully.
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

earthwormjim

Re: Jon's Cheerful Robots

Post by earthwormjim » Wed May 30, 2012 12:11 pm

Sewn tyres!!!!
That is above and beyond!! 8)
Looks brilliant. :)

haz

Post by haz » Wed May 30, 2012 3:24 pm

you can partner up with mine turtle if you use your space on the team

bitternboy

Post by bitternboy » Wed May 30, 2012 5:42 pm

Thanks Jim, and Harry that sounds perfect, can't wait. :)
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

haz

Post by haz » Wed May 30, 2012 7:27 pm

no worries. how much does it weigh?
oh, the robot looks very good btw :P

bitternboy

Post by bitternboy » Wed May 30, 2012 9:21 pm

Weighs about 76g but I should be able to get that down easily. Is mine turtle looking to be in weight? If not I could do some more weight saving to compensate. :)
Jonathan Atkinson

haz

Post by haz » Thu May 31, 2012 7:10 am

its something stuipid like 52g so you're fine

bitternboy

Post by bitternboy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:28 pm

What I have essentially done is recycled my most successful robot in an attempt to make it better but failed and now feel a bit resentful. The complicated and radical flipper design is being a pain to get right so pressure is on to get something reasonable for the 7th. Wish me luck.
Jonathan Atkinson

haz

Post by haz » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:33 pm

good luck brave sire :)

earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Indeed. Good luck.

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:00 am

Ah, the risks of antweight combat. To modify or not to modify, that is the question. I'm sure you'll thrive under the pressure of time!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39

bitternboy

Post by bitternboy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Well, delirious did OK, which surprised me a bit; it was more of an experiment than anything else but it worked in ways I hadn't expected. Needs some rebuilding after two fights with spyro 2 though. I think I'll make it a permanent fixture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acv2PFc ... playnext=1 This fight was epic by the way :)
I hadn't touched KIWI since the last AWS so the moment I got it out of my toolbox I knew I'd been neglecting it. Defo needs a rebuild.

Jeeves did well although it needs a new way of self-righting (the current one pretty much lost me the FWS combined with my driving).

Overall, I'm pleased. Looking forward to working on them for AWS 39.
Jonathan Atkinson

bitternboy

Post by bitternboy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:07 am

I wondered if anyone with one of those chargers that brings overdischarged LiPos back could let me use it for a few minutes tomorrow. I've just overdischarged my last 240mah pack and so am left with only a 120mah available (which will do for now).

On a lighter note:
Delirious is now fixed (and blue), KIWI actually works this time and Jeeves can self right.

All set for tomorrow :)
Jonathan Atkinson

Rhys

Post by Rhys » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:27 am

Is that the problem where your charger won't recognise it because the voltage had dropped too low, or something to that effect? I'm pretty sure I've fixed something like this with one of my friends aeroplane batteries, so you're welcome to try my charger tomorrow.

bitternboy

Post by bitternboy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:34 am

Cheers :D
Jonathan Atkinson