Earthwormjim's Stuff

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

ajw

Re: Earthwormjim's Stuff

Post by ajw »

Hi Jim, since you seem to have tried out a few battery types, just wondering what's your experience with regards to the cells staying balanced? I notice those 138mAh one's that are out of stock only have a discharge connector, so wondering what's your experience with them (I guess you wouldn't keep buying them if you had problems lol)? Trying to decide whether to buy a small 2s pack like that or wire up a couple of small 1s packs.Thanks :D
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Bonjourno. :)
There are other people lurking around here with alot more knowledge than me,but as far as my experiences go...
The 138mah packs are very good,they work fine.
You can get single cells in 160mah flavour on ebay for a few quid,but I have had mixed results making up my own packs.I have had a few just fail on me.
I have found that charging each cell fully,before assembling the packs seems to be the best way,I have a little 3s pack using these,that works very well. :)
The more you do,the better you get,but it took a few goes for me to get a reliable workable battery that I am confident will work.
(BTW,I have never balanced an antweight battery pack,maybe thats why I have had a few failiures.)
Best of luck! :)
ajw

Post by ajw »

cheers Jim! I'm the opposite to you and have only ever balanced my lipos so am not really sure how crucial it is for these size lipos. Getting a pre-made 2s sounds like the safest option though I may try and integrate 2 1s cells in and charge them seperately.

p.s. Currently scratching my head as to what Raoul's 'tail' reminds me of........possibly the 'baddies' in pac man.....Looks superb anyway!
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

LOL.Pacman? Why not! :D
It was supposed to be a bulldozer,(hence the yellow colour.)to clear away the debris after the match!(Muahahah,(evil laugh.)) :D
I guess the black bolts look like eyes! :roll: Hmmm,I do have a few stick on eyes left! after the AWS... :)

My robot charger doesnt do balancing. :( The 160mah 1s lipos from ebay seem to be pretty good.I havnt had any fail on me (yet!) :)
Here is a link to 4 for £10,inc delivery on ebay...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turnigy-nano- ... 35ba5d9010
seems pretty good to me. :)
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Balancing isn't necessary for lipos this small, looks gr8 btw :)
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Jonny wrote:Balancing isn't necessary for lipos this small, looks gr8 btw :)
Thats what I thought.
Better safe than sorry though,I guess.
I'll bet that a person who does balance their packs will have longer lasting packs in the long run,with less failiures.
I am just lazy!!! :roll:
(Thanks,BTW :) )
ajw

Post by ajw »

Thanks both, I've ordered a couple of packs and will see how they fair without balancing. Cheers.
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

And in the section reserved for cute robots,we have...
Murray the robo-cat! :roll:

Here is a quick vid of him showing off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1nP_DnpApc

:D
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

That is worryingly good XD is he a fleaweight or an antweight?
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

That is freaking awesome :D Love it already, and all the effort and effect that goes with it :)