Team Shock's Build Diary

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

teamocean

Re: Team Shock's Build Diary

Post by teamocean »

Since I can't make it to the AWS I thought I may as well post what I would have been bringing along as most of them are finished.

Starting with the ants we have (left to right)
-Quake- silver flipper with red wheels- rebuilt version of White with some minor improvements.
- Inertia 11- same as before
-Unamed full body spinner- quite dangerous in testing- needs some different teeth though.
-Inversion 3- same as before

One of these would need a nano to be clustered with

Fleas
Expelliarmus and Mini Red are the same- Hex is half finished and will be a 6wd pusher when completed

Nanos
From before there is Pinchy, Inertia XT, Lumos 2 and Reducto the new ones are Inversion XT (4wd pusher) and Reducto 2 (white lifter)

I also have some new designs underway for some very diiferent robots. More on that when I have something to show :)
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

]I've decided to prepare early for the next AWS :)

One robot I've been meaning to improve for a while is Inversion. The previous one was put together in a bit of a rush and although it works well I wanted to do it properly.

Inversion 4 has a brand new 2 part chassis which is clamped together with 6, M3 bolts. With the all the insides fitted it weighs 123g with just the two aluminium scoops to add. I'm planning on making spares for when they get mangled by spinners.

Here is how it looks without the scoops fittedImage

I'm also working on one more ant but I'm waiting for parts to arrive before I can build it fully. I've tested the weapon and it seems to work well :)
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

I've been using my spare time lately to finish off my ants- hopefully I can get some decent testing in before the next AWS.

Inversion has now been finished with HDPE scoops instead of the aluminium ones which leaves enough weight to add some silicon wheels later on.

The two new ones are the currently unnamed white flipper at the back which is pneumatic. Tested it on around 1/3 pressure and the results are promising. Just waiting for some parts to arrive so that it can be tested at 100psi.

The final one is the new spinner Indominus Wrecks. Inspired by the machine from Battlebots. It's just had some new parts made but the orginal version worked well. The new one should be a bit stronger now and less likely to implode.

I now have the tricky job over the next few months to decide what to enter :)
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Looking nice, although hopefully you're decorating them :) What sort of pneumatics system does the white flipper have? *is quite interested in what people are using for tanks especially*
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Looking very impressive Will can't wait to see them in action.
Not necessarily aginst mine. :roll:
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Thanks guys,

The pneumatics system in the white one has a lego ram with a custom setup. The air tank has been the biggest challenge so I'm working on a custom aluminium one. Will hopefully have something to show by the end of the week :)
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

they look great Will! :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)