Invadants

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Team Invade

Re: Invadants

Post by Team Invade »

Time for a round up of the AWS...

Irruption: Let's get the bad out of the way. It was fast, uncontrollable, twitchy, and wheelied so it couldn't get under anything. A rebuild for the next one I think with slower motors instead of speed hacked servos and smaller wheels so it fits in the cube better.

Incursion: Did brilliantly in my opinion, won the winners bracket and fell to my personal curse in the final. Only improvement for next time will be faster motors.

Combustion: Did alright. It lost it's first round against Duff and had a good run in the loser's bracket (including knocking out Void) and got beaten by a Kiwi, which I'll be the first to say was a very clever design. The bucket was good apart from it's difficulties getting underneath other robots.

Implosion: Did better. Had a good run in the winners bracket until losing to two very good robots, Anticide and Spyro. Main focus between now and the next one will be a lower front, getting under other robots easier.

Intrusion: Did brilliantly. Had a very good run in the competition and I think came in the top eight. Won the tag team as well, beating four spinners on the way. Only changes for next time will be new acetate and new stripes.

One thing I noticed is that many if the robots that do very well tend to be very good at controlling other robots, and therefore need a low front and a wide front. This is the reason that my future robots will have a flat front (bar Implosion and Irruption, as the design is pretty much fixed), and will not be spinners, because I believe that many are too unpredictable as soon as the spinner hits the ground or something else. This is also the reason I believe that both Incursion and Intrusion did very well, both with a very similar design.

I'm now very determined to get the pneumatic one running properly, after seeing Anticide work so brilliantly at the AWS, along with Duff and Pop which were both also very impressive. It's also pointed out a few flaws in my own design, mostly that it is going to need another or a larger bottle.
Website | YouTube | Photobucket | Build Diary

Featherweight UK Champion
Heavyweight Robot Wars Champion

Heavyweight Tag Team Champion
Featherweight Tag Team Champion