Clusterbots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Clusterbots

Post by peterwaller »

I have just been looking at producing a cluster version of my run all day Dominant and it has come out at 76.4 gms.
Here it is with Dominant:
Close up of inside showing the new controller with the tiny receiver:
Lifter in raised position servo is TowerPro MG90S:
Video of it self righting and running:
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... MG1449.mp4
Rhys

Re: Clusterbots

Post by Rhys »

Looking good. If you're looking for a cheap an easy way to loose some weight, I can recommend these batteries. They're what I'm using in my cluster, only 7g each. And 1.3A should be fine for two motors, shouldn't it?

Also, don't forget you can't use the diagonal in a cluster, as both botlets needs to fit in the cube at the same time. I only mention this because it looks a bit longer than 4 inches... but maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there :lol:
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

It is funny you should say that I have just replaced the battery with the 100mah pack from my flea to enable me to add some carbonfibre strengthening.
Also you are right the robot is over 4 inches but if you draw a diagonal in the bottom of the cube and can fit in one half you can make use of the diagonal.
In this case the wheels to cross the centre by about 5mm but and identical robot the other way round will fit.
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Duff wrote:Looking good. If you're looking for a cheap an easy way to loose some weight, I can recommend these batteries. They're what I'm using in my cluster, only 7g each. And 1.3A should be fine for two motors, shouldn't it?
Rhys,can you do me a favor,and weigh the battery?
I have a similar size 130 Mah battery(30 x 10 x 20),and it weighs 12g,(with very short leads),and the hobbyking website has the weight listed as 7g,but in the specification box below,it states the weight as 12g,oh and also 15g in the same box! :-?
If you can confirm that they are 7,then I will definately order some! I am usimg 2x 90 Mah cells at the mo,that come in at a total of 6g! and are 25 x 12 x 10.But they dont last. :(

Great price too! :)
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

It's exactly 7.2g as it comes from hobby king (as standard they come with JST-XH connectors, mine are 7.4g with JR servo connectors and a bit of glue to keep the wires in place). The weight next to the stock is always the shipping weight, so is always higher than the actual weight due to packaging etc. I have no idea where the 12g comes from though, I think that might be user submitted data :S

Even their 180mah Zippy pack is only 12g with the balancer removed.

I was a bit sceptical about them as some old 120mah LiPos I used to have were a bit rubbish, and gave notably more sluggish performance. But this was years ago when LiPos were new to antweights. This new 138mah pack seems to give plenty of power
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

That's great.
Thanks Rhys. :)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Those batteries do look good they are the same weight as my 100mah pack and they were just cells that had to be soldered together.
Might have to invest in some when they are back in stock especially at that price.
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

I have back ordered 4.
Turns out I have $30 in credit??????
So all I had to pay £1.88 for postage.! :)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Here is the second clusterbot or should I say botlet.
So far with no rear armour it weighs in at 53 gms.
Here is a video clip but it doesn't seem to run very well the sound track and video are out and some bits of video seem to get missed.
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... MG1455.mp4
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Forget the rear armour and make a 3 part cluster bot! :evil: