Clusterbots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Hogi

Re: Clusterbots

Post by Hogi »

although I think some of the rules about clusterbots are unfair, I would like to see one win an AWS event. theres always at least one there but they never seem to get very far. might build one myself one day if I get another remote.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I don't think any of the '2 fleas as 1 ant' clusters will ever win the AWS due to the weight advantage an ant has over a single flea. Something like combat cluster though, has a good shot. You can have the massive initial impact from a spinner, then a small pusher to mop up the carnage. And I think also-ran showed it had a fair bit of pushing power at the last AWS. I'm probably going to scrap Warhorses and pursue this route with the next incarnation of Randar. 100g spinner with 20g disc and a 50g 4wd pusher. Now if only I could find someone to drive them better than me! :P
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

The weight advantage isn't always an issue though, as Omelette du Fromage and Catatonia have shown whenever they teamed up! We got to the final of the spinner competition at the SAC and the last 14 of AWS 38 paired up - Jim doing most of the work both times...
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Joey wrote:The weight advantage isn't always an issue though, as Omelette du Fromage and Catatonia have shown whenever they teamed up! We got to the final of the spinner competition at the SAC and the last 14 of AWS 38 paired up - Jim doing most of the work both times...
Catatonic Octopus was also incredibly impressive I seem to remember :wink:
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Again, that was mainly Jim taking out the opposition while I drove around upside down and in circles! :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

What rubbish,Joey. (Hi Joey!)
We do seem to make a good team though. Hopefully you can be bothered to turn up for the next one??? (LOL)