Clusterbot rules

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

BeligerAnt

Re: Clusterbot rules

Post by BeligerAnt »

I think the reason the "interesting" part has not been discussed is simply that it has not arisen!

I suggest the straightforward solution (should we wish to consider it) would be that if a cluster consists of a mixture of walkers and rollers, the total weight limit is increased in proportion to the number of walkers. Individual botlets may be any weight.

So, some examples to try to simplify things:
All botlets are rollers: total weight = 150g
All botlets are walkers: total weight = 225g i.e. the walker allowance is 75g

If 50% of the botlets are walkers, the allowance is 50% * 75g = 37.5g so total weight = 187.5g
If 33% of the botlets are walkers, the allowance is 33% * 75g = 25g so total weight = 175g

The total weight may be split any way, so a cluster of a 100g walker, 50g roller and 25g roller would be possible.

Just a suggestion...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

What about if your walker is, say, 50g? Are you then allowed to add the extra weight tolerance to the roller? Cos then you could have a 175g roller...
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

It would be a 137.5g roller and a 50g walker. It pushing the rules, but you could have one of those little wind up walkers that weighed 5g and have a 182.5g roller... which is kwijebo on wheels.. It should be a % thing rather than a % of the total botlets.
TEAM GEEK!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Yeah. You should be allowed to have the weight advantage, but only on the walker part...but then, that gets complicated too doesn't it?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39