Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

That is mega amazeballs.

PS - The name Black Stabbath makes me a happy Dave :D
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
haz

Re: deodorANT & friends

Post by haz »

Cheers man. Thought that name would please you.

right, now i want to talk about the interchangable weapons, and wheather i am breaking any rules.
is there a limit to how many i can have, say 3 or 4? i'm not planning to go overboard with this thing, but i would like to hear if people had any complaints, especialy events organisers. for fitting them in the cube and checking the weight limit, i think its if the heavyest set up is used, but since i plan to have a fair selection of items, should i expecting to have them all weight checked (and size checked) that seems logical, if time consuming.
with the changeover times, i am doing it to be as quick and simple as possible, the claws i currently have take around 10-20 seconds to fit. i get that all parts should be easy to change over, and as quick as can be to do so, would there be a time limit of 60 seconds or so?
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

There should be no limit to the amount of parts, but you would have to verify that each set up can fit the cube and in the weight. Some EO's may be content with the heaviest set up in place for weight but me personally would check all set ups for weight and cube restrictions.

BTW, I REALLY like Black Stabbeth :). One slight thing, I noticed in the test vid it seems to be veering to one side when it goes backwards, and sometimes forward. What wrong with it ?
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Very cool Harry, have you been apprenticed to Mr Waller? ;)

Can't see any problem with the electrics to the weapons (in my professional opinion :P )

For tech checks, probably best to check all combinations for size & weight as it's hard to judge which might be the worst combination when not assembled. Similarly heaviest is not necessarily biggest. To save a big delay in checking, just interleave the checks of each version with everyone else's robots.

The rules actually say you have to be ready within 5 MINUTES of a fight being called. :o If you can be ready within 60 seconds it should be OK. A bigger problem might be figuring out who you will be fighting next to allow you to choose the correct weapon. A better way of letting people know about fights in advance would be nice...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
haz

Post by haz »

so not breaking any rules so far? great, thanks Gary :D

Dave: it drives badly because the wheels were just held on with a few bits of hot glue, and so the shafts were turning inside the wheel.
haz

Post by haz »

made a start on the grabber thing:

comes in at a tidy 124g, maybe time for a bigger servo :P work needs to be done on it, like parts for where it conects but got plenty of room and time to do that.
concept drawing :roll:
as you can see it hasn't change much from the "design"
video, the claw is not great because it was bodged on with hot glue as i need more 2mm drillbits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0sbOoWJ7V0
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

That is looking really good there Haz it makes me think about making some other options for the latest Variant which at the moment, with only the spinner, is anything but.
Psychostorm

Post by Psychostorm »

You see Weston, if Infinity had done that, Aberystwyth would never have lost the university challenge. :D

Nice design Haz but Napalm Death does doth not fear it. 8) May have something to do with lack of a roof. :lol:

What you need now is a four inch cube spinning cylinder... :wink:
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

BeligerAnt wrote: A better way of letting people know about fights in advance would be nice...
Going off topic slightly (apologies) I'd like to second that, I owe James several apologies for keeping on borrowing his spreadsheets to check when and who I'm fighting next...

Black Stabbath is indeed absolutely brilliant, there's not a single dislikeable thing about it...is the current claw a big bit of titanium or something else? I would possibly look into scavenging a metal servo horn as (long term at least) I can see that being a bit of a weak link - I've got some I'd give you but there is a slight geographical problem at the moment ^^;;
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
haz

Post by haz »

interchangabot new thing