deodorANT & friends

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

joey_picus

Re: deodorANT & friends

Post by joey_picus »

Tip Top was very like that, except a) it was a heavyweight and b) it didn't do as well XD

Looking good Harry, I think I mentioned on MSN that it reminds me of the Darke Destroyer robots (you may take that as you wish!)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
haz

Post by haz »

ahoy peoples! best show what i've been up to in the last weeks (apart from getting distracted with brushless stuff for Massacre and long debates about the film Wanted)

Problem Gustav? has had far to many holes drilled in it, meh :x little bits to keep the beater off the floor will be added soonish

Killed in the fave v.2 now sports a (soon to be 2 peice) armour shell. 0.5mm ti :) its a bit of an odd shape but that was the best i could do it, it needs to be neatened up and a couple more holes drilled in it. upped this version to 11.1v (as i may have said before) should be fun! The front wedgy bit is there to make sure i actually have a thing to feed other bots up into the smushy bit, its gonna be cut down/the angle changed when i decide to.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Awesomeo power Haz!

PS Wanted is awful :D
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
haz

Post by haz »

Wanted is indeed aweful. I expressed my distaste for it very vocaly :P
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

No film with Angelina Jolie in can be said to be truly awful but it was pretty bad. :roll:
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

wanted was a good film!
haz

Post by haz »

do horizontal claws, (kan opener, arcus style) count under the expanding under remote control rule? because the claws push the robot out to a good 15cm wide when fully open. it easliy fits in the cube when the claws are closed (and that is in, as closed as the servos let them to be)
cheers.

edit: video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WdcGCcB ... e=youtu.be
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

As long as it enters the arena in a form that fits in the cube and can expand under radio control on activate you should have no problems.
Looks really good there Haz with mean looking claws.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

No problem with any weapon fitting into the cube in any orientation, so long as nothing is squished to fit. Anywhere within the normal range of the weapon movement is OK.
If you want a precedent, there's always Oliver's Anteater :)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Long as it starts with closed claws it will be absolutely fine. Though I am a bit confused by this rule. If a robot has to have the flipper half up to go in the cube, does it have to enter the arena like that? My spinner at the last event, +/-, only went in the cube if the disc was spun so that both the bladey bits were inside the robot, should I have started each battle with the disc in this position? Could get a bit silly but I do see the point in it.

Haz, call it Kan't Opener!
Last edited by Remote-Controlled Dave on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39