Motors

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Re: Motors

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Put it like this, I've not charged any of my robots during the last 3 AWSs, just the night before, and all lasted the whole event fine, including the 4WD ones... does that help?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

That depends: What battery you running ?

Archie is asking me how much his 4 HP motors are going to draw so he can work out how long his 300mA 7.4v lipo battery will last. He has been known to run his batteries into the ground, which is generally bad news.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I run 180mAh 7.4v lipos. For example, in Morbo at that AWS, I came joint 5th (so enough battles to get to that position), plus did the annihilator without any charge or slow down.

I don't think the key to not running your battery into the ground is knowing roughly how long it'll last. I think its more about, y'know, not running it into the ground. lol. Just stop running it and charge it rather than keep playing with it, you know?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I tend to be immensely paranoid about my batteries being run into the ground - I keep lots of batteries around and have them swappable by Velcro, and tend to put them on charge after only three or four fights. I have had some bad luck with batteries dying though, along with stupidity in forgetting to turn robots off...

I run 120/135/180mah 2 cell lipos, and hardly ever experience slowdown, but none of my robots have more than two motors and a servo so that's probably of limited use.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"