New robot 101 member

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Mikey

New robot 101 member

Post by Mikey »

Hi my name is Mike Armstrong and I am from Sunderland. I am looking forward to building my own antweight robot does anyone know were there is any events nearby?
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Hi Mike, and welcome!
Unfortunately for you, most antweight builders are located in the south so that's where most of the events tend to be.
That said, AWS35 next summer is likely to be held in Yorkshire. Still quite a way south for you, but a long way north for the rest of us! :)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
haz

Post by haz »

hello and welcome to the forum, events tend to move all round the country so some will be close and some wont.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Hiya Mike, welcome to ants :)

Most events tend to be held in the south of England unfortunately, it is well worth the long round trip in my experience but Sunderland is a long way from Berkshire/Sussex/London where most of the events I've been to seem to be held.
As Gary said it looks like the AWS in summer next year might be your best bet for a 'pure' antweight event - I'm aiming to host it in Pontefract - but you might be able to catch a Robots Live! or Roaming Robots event nearby that has antweights attending (most events do have a small complement of ants as the audiences like us :P)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

theres a robots live at snibston on the 28th of december and one at whitwick in february . theres also a roaming robots in barnsley in february as well. roaming robots, robots live and robochallenge events are more geared towards larger robots though. i'll come to more events like them (even ones up north :) ) once i get my heavyweight done so hopefully i'll be able to fight you sometime :D