dual servo wiring

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

josh

dual servo wiring

Post by josh »

I'm just soldering upo the connections on pop, got the drive in all fine works perfectly however i cannot get the servos to work, they work fine seperately but not with the mixer in place to allow for them to work together, i have them wired like the diagram as a seperate setup to the drive, in parrallel from the battery. It runs through a voltage regulator to reduce it to 6v then this v goes into the mixer and out to the two servos, the servo signal wires both go into the mixer and then the aileron signal channel from the mixer is into my reciever. the servos twitch occassionally but are not affected byt he radio... any ideas why, how to fix it or a better way to wire them? I cannot revers the poles on he motor and pot as it is a fixed pcb...
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Josh, forgive me if I'm being thick, you know what I'm like, but can't you just use a Y-Lead and plug both servos straight into one channel on the reciever?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
josh

Post by josh »

no i had planned to do that all along :roll: then suddenly realised the servos would be going the same way if they faced the same way but they are opposite to each other so it would mean one went up as the other down
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Ah I see. What a pain.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher »

josh wrote:no i had planned to do that all along :roll: then suddenly realised the servos would be going the same way if they faced the same way but they are opposite to each other so it would mean one went up as the other down
just resolder one of the servo's, swap the motor polarity and the outer 2 wire of the potentiometer, it should reverse the motion
josh

Post by josh »

Tried that too, both the pot and motor are soldered directly onto the servo board and there really is no room to use wires inside the servo to do it
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

actually your right i could just have the board external to the servo but i'd rather not and also i dont have a solder sucker so getting the components off the board will be a pain
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

ive been testing all day but can't get it to do more than twitch so i've ordered another mixer see if that helps....
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com