Pneumatics

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bitternboy

Re: Pneumatics

Post by bitternboy »

Would it vent? I was thinking putting a one way fill valve into the system so no worries about unwanted venting. Surely I'd need the 3rd port for exhaust.
I was thinking of putting the cylinder into the central valve, the tank into the right port and leaving the 3rd open. Position 1 would block the right port (preventing venting (pun not intended)) and leaving the other two open. Position 2 would open the central port and close the exhaust meaning compressed air would flow into the cylinder but out out of the valve. Position 1 would then close off the tank and open the exhaust leaving compressed air to flow out of the cylinder through the exhaust and letting the cylinder contract. Lather, rinse and repeat.

Scuse the long winded explanation I needed to explain it to myself a bit.
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Oh, and I don't thing this is much different from the other but it's a less awkward shape.
http://www.giantcod.co.uk/operated-swit ... 03732.html
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

What tank size have people found to be suitible? I have to options in mind...

A tank made from 2 lynx bullet aerosols (5ml each): Equivalent to a 10ml can

A 35ml aerosol.

Thoughts?
Jonathan Atkinson
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Anticides red tank was 2 gold spot breath freshners 11ml each. 22mm diameter 104mm long. This gave a decent number of flips
TEAM GEEK!
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Ok, I'm thinking 3 lynx bullets... problem is, the more of my handywork there is the less reliable it tends to be.
Jonathan Atkinson
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Parts ordered, Yipee! Lets see where this takes us...
Jonathan Atkinson