Intro...

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

earthwormjim

Intro...

Post by earthwormjim »

hello all.
I have been reading the forums for a while,and posted a pic of my fleaweight Bruce,a while back in the fleaweight section.
I have been eagerly following Paddonjon's build,and love the results so far.Congrats to all for their excellent input,and to Paddonjon for the brilliant end result! :)
(Also Antsstare looks pretty good after the rebuild too,very good job!)

Thanks to all the positive comments I recieved,I have decided to have a go at an antweight,and have been doodling designs,and collecting parts for a while now,and have decided that a flipper would seem to be a good way to start off.I have a half built ant now,that is going through weapons testing at the moment.
I would like to call my robot "El Chupacabra" if no one else has used the name? I am frantically trying to get it finished ready for AWS33,as I only live down the road,but work keeps getting in the way!! :roll:
Anyway,my name is James,I am 42,have 2 kids,and live in Littlehampton.
It is nice to be a member of such a great forum. I look foreward to meeting some of you soon.
Cheers James.
haz

Post by haz »

nice, any pics?
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

haz wrote:nice, any pics?
Not yet. I have been working out the best pivot points to maximise travel without losing power. It is a wedge shape,but the whole body is hinged in 4 places,to make it a 4 link lifting arm!! If that makes sense?? I will post a pic or two when I can.
I am using Peters controller board,50:1 hp gear motors,an mg82 servo,and a tiny 180mah 2cell 15c lipo
Cheers.
daliad100

Post by daliad100 »

To be honest, you don't really want to deviate too far from a 1:1 ratio from servo to flipper because it gives alot of problems but experiment to see if something else will work.
Team Imperial - What is that, metric?
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

OK,I have taken two small videos and put them on youtube.Just waiting for them to process?!?!? Then I will post them here. :)
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Very slow video,showing the movement.Note the cam on the servo arm to give it an initial "kick"
El Chupacabra A

And A quick flip of "Bruce".He is only half the weight of an Antweight though. I have been using my phone to test with,as that weighs 150g,and it works fine.
El Chupacabra B
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

earthwormjim wrote:Very slow video,showing the movement.Note the cam on the servo arm to give it an initial "kick"
El Chupacabra A

And A quick flip of "Bruce".He is only half the weight of an Antweight though. I have been using my phone to test with,as that weighs 150g,and it works fine.
El Chupacabra B
I have just looked at the links and they take me straight to the home page of photobucket.
daliad100

Post by daliad100 »

These should work
The first one
The second one
Team Imperial - What is that, metric?
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

daliad100 wrote:These should work
The first one
The second one
Thanks

Wow! That is so amazingly cool. Ive never seen that design before and it really works. Have a smiley- :D
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

alasdair wrote:
daliad100 wrote:These should work
The first one
The second one
Thanks

Wow! That is so amazingly cool. Ive never seen that design before and it really works. Have a smiley- :D
LOL,thanks for the :D !
I am on chassis number 3 so far! I am waiting for sussex model centre to get some more glass fibre board in,as I have gone through their entire stock!! (they dont keep alot in stock! :) )
And thanks for posting the links daliad100.
My PC keeps crashing in the middle of doing stuff! :evil:
I am waiting on a sheet of carbon for the top,and I am hoping that I can use drilled ally for the sides. 8)