Hello, Im new to Antbots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

D0ntstare

Post by D0ntstare »

haha, I suppose :P, I dont think i'm going to bother against any spinners at the AWS unless I think I can take them on, Can not be bothered to rebuild the robot from scratch at this current time, I am a little to busy to have time to do it.
'Everyone is brave behind a castle wall'

http://web.me.com/d0ntstare/Team_Stare/
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Fighting spinners isn't as bad as you think. 90% of the time, the first impact sends either you or them off the ring. The only way your robot will ever be completely dismantled is if you let it. If you drive at them constantly over and over without stopping the fight, that's the only time you really get complete destruction. I mean, its up to you if you want to forfeit fights in an official competition, but if you get drawn up against a spinner in round 1, forfeit, then get another one in round 2 and forfeit, then you're out without even having a fight, so I'd consider at least having a go.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
D0ntstare

Post by D0ntstare »

Well if I am honest, this time round it may work better anyway as the design has been changed, last time my weak flipper tabs gave way and then subsequently my sides were ripped off because there was no 2mm protection from the flipper :O this all happened in a matter of seconds. This time round the 2mm flipper does not have those tabs and instead using polypropylene living hinges which can take a fair amount of my force without breaking :D
'Everyone is brave behind a castle wall'

http://web.me.com/d0ntstare/Team_Stare/
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

My ants are all held together with duct tape. lol
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Paddonjon

Post by Paddonjon »

I dont mind mine getting destroyed really, as you said its part of the sport... I am hoping though that when my robot spins that it will hit the spinning disk and temporarily stop it spinning, then I can try and flip it.

Also I had an idea for my next robot, it will be a walker with lifting forks, and I will have an extra set of legs at the back with very high torque motors fitted so when I stall trying to push a robot I can activate them to push the other robot about :evil:
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

I wanted to do a walker with a saw arm or a massive 100g with enough recoil to flip the robot over twice!
andrea.taras

Post by andrea.taras »

I haven't been here in a while, it seems I missed a lot! Good job, love the painting!
Andrea
Paddonjon

Post by Paddonjon »

Thanks m8 :D , Yeah has anyone got any idea how Kwijebo's legs work ! :o

I want to try and make a walker like that one, but i cant get my head around how it works lol
TheAntTrap

Post by TheAntTrap »

Paddonjon i have a idea how it works heres a picture off it.

Paddonjon

Post by Paddonjon »

yeah thanks, ive tried somthing like that, but i dont think it will be as smooth when it moves as his... it will probebly bounce up and down abit