Team Imperial build diary

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I think 1400mA is a tad excessive, I am running Bulletproof and Kill-a-chav on 450mA and they last me for the whole event.

BTW, you said 6v Lipo, lipo's don't come in 6v, they come in multiples of 3.7 (3.7, 7.4, 11.1, etc)

I'll try and get a hold of pete (from Diotior) or Shane (Team Tilly), they should have some of the fur you're after.
daliad100

Post by daliad100 »

I have a feeling that it might be a li-ion battery. But the main factor is that it is cheap.
Team Imperial - What is that, metric?
daliad100

Post by daliad100 »

Finally found cheap chinese speed controllers with the soldering iron and ran them on 12v which they took suprisingly well surviving 10 minutes of driving until various connections fell out and 1 minute of driving into a wall without breaking.

I need to have a play with servo reversing to make both speedos go in the same direction so they have the same current capacity, upgrade the connectors from choc blocks to pretty much anything else to stop them from coming loose and find a mixer to make driving nice and easy.
haz

Post by haz »

what cheap escs??
daliad100

Post by daliad100 »

That's meant to say "finally found the cheap..."

But I believe the same ones you're running in your feather although I eventually managed to blow them up.

Four Bricks taped to the robot, overvolting the speedos to 12v and nearly 30 slams from full power to full power in the opposite direction.

If you're not trying to break them you probably won't but I reckon that the "320" amp ones should survive most things especially if some actual cooling was added.
haz

Post by haz »

did you just plug in a 12v battery or did you do something to them?
daliad100

Post by daliad100 »

Cut the red wire on the lead going to the reciever to disable the regulator and stop it from blowing up and an alternative power supply to the reciever.
daliad100

Re: Team Imperial build diary

Post by daliad100 »

Just got a new box of toys from work :D

A lovely wooden toolbox filled with assorted taps, dies, milling bits, callipers, some handbooks and what I think are lathe bits.
Jonny

Re: Team Imperial build diary

Post by Jonny »

lucky :)