need help

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

haz

Post by haz »

where and when?
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Have you done the binding proceedure needed by these systems see instruction cut from suppliers web site.
This is done by powering up the transmitter and receiver, then a tiny button positioned at the end of the receiver case is pressed once." It is inside the rectangular hole.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Burgess Hill event details here:
http://www.robotslive.co.uk/index.php?o ... icle&id=25
Note this is a Robots Live event.

A few ideas to get your R/C system working:
1. Are all the batteries fully charged and properly connected?
2. Are the servos plugged in the right way round? And in the right channels?
3. Have you "bound" the receiver to the transmitter? Not sure how you do this on the RadioLink kit, should be in the manual.
4. Have you waited for a few seconds after switching on? It takes the 2.4GHz stuff a little while to "boot up".
5. Try stripping the system down to the minimum, just one unmodified servo connected to the Rx (and a battery of course!)

You don't say how it "doesn't work"; does nothing happen at all, or do unexpected things happen?
If nothing at all happens, try the ideas above. If it doesn't work as expected, but you do get some (sort of) control try the following:
1. Check that the servos are connected to the correct channels.
2. Check the channel reversing switches on the transmitter.
3. Check the mixing switch on the transmitter.
4. Check the pot's in the modified servos are centred.
5. Adjust the trims on the transmitter.

Hope this helps
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
haz

Post by haz »

thanks working now and is only 140g
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

What was the problem? (So we know how to help the next person)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
haz

Post by haz »

many, many things :D, no the battery wasn't charged properly and the servos wournt bound to the receiver AND the switch fell off
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Actually the receiver binds to the transmitter maybe a short explaination would help.
With the 2.4 Ghz radio the transmitter when powered up scans the frequency band to find an unused slot. Because it is not always on the same frequency the receiver has to have a way to recognise the correct transmitter to respond to. Each transmitter sends out a unique code so it can be identified and when you bind the receiver it stores the code for that transmitter in flash memory which it retains even after being switched off. If you want to use the receiver with another transmitter you need to bind it with that one but then the first one is lost.
Any way glad you got it working that is the main thing.
haz

Post by haz »

cool. the robot works... but now i don't while testing the wepon i lent on the contol and the blade went through me finger, yes i am that thick. :D
also what does a v tail mixer do? is it important?
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

A V tail mixer as the name suggests mixes two channels. On a robot it is normal to connect each drive wheel to a seperate channel so to go forward straight you need to change both channels by the same amount. If you add a mixer you can set it so that as you move the elevator stick forwards or backwards both channel change in the same direction by the same amount giving forward and backward movement. But if you change the aileron control both channels change by the same amount but in the opposite direction giving left and right control. This gives much more logical and easier to understand driving.
haz

Post by haz »

what kind of charger should i use for my 4.8v NiMh batery