New Anticide

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Re: New Anticide

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Ah good, a spinner! I was thinking it would be more like the Anticide that had the "nomming" mechanism, but this is much cooler. I'm pretty annoyed that Fail is only 140g still though. Haha, it keeps winning, and you've still got 10g to play with!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
ajw

Post by ajw »

Looks fantastic! Looking forward to seeing the finished bots and also seeing them all in action again.
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

The grabbing mech wasn't very sucessful, if I have time later I may look at making it again. I can once again shout NOM NOM NOM when driving towards the other bot :D

I had two options for the anticide pneumatics. One was to use two solenoid valves, the other the mev-2 quick exhaust valve (like a low pressure feather), but the tank I made is far to heavy so I have gone for the lighter QEV design. The problem with this is that is not very reliable and has to leak air to lower the ram.

Anticide also had a spectacular failure during testing this evening, the ram and piston decided to fly out of the robot and into the ceiling at high speed. Looks like it should all be repairable, just need to get the electrics into the bot and it will be ready.
TEAM GEEK!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Andy, any chance you could, you know, not repair it? lol. Is it likely going to blow up again? Will be interesting!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Andrew_Hibberd wrote:... into the ceiling at high speed. Looks like it should all be repairable...
Just wondering whether this relates to the pneumatics or the ceiling...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Remote-Controlled Dave

Ha! :lol:
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

The ceiling has a small dink in it, nothing a spot of paint can't fix. The pneumatics decided that the air was better outside than in, the curse of Dave has hit, so no pneumatics. A late night and early start this morning and I have a replacement bot. Shame this one is 30g underweight, and looks just like another one in my team. The robots are pretty much ready now, a bit of time to sort the linkage and acetate and I am ready. See you tomorrow in Reading.
TEAM GEEK!
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Testing of the 150mm blade on 12V - scary stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5egkcni4zc
TEAM GEEK!
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

That looks worryingly balanced XD robots are looking good, hopefully one day you'll get a pneumatic Anticide working again! (is going back to the breath fresheners and old RMP rams not an option?)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

A little teaser.. Joey can you PM me your address
TEAM GEEK!