New Anticide

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

not much information on there, but the fill valve looks smaller than the one i currently use. The rams also look heavier than the lego rams with a smaller bore.
TEAM GEEK!
josh

Post by josh »

i bought one of the valves and single way refil valves, the valve is use less and leaks, however the fill valve is good, it doesnt fit directly onto a pump however it is in two pieces so i plan to screw the valve directly into my tank and then the fill side i can unscrew and attach to a football style pump adapter meaning only half the fill valve has to stay on the robot and so far it doesnt leak, also means that the valve takes up very little room as half the length is unscrewed and left with the pump.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

An update on where I am up to.

Generally my ants have been quite a tight fit in the cube. I would like to try and reduce the size so that they easily fit in, no forcing them in and more room for acetate.

I am going to look into those refill valves from giant cod as they look smaller than what I am currently using.
I have designed a new valve for the normal anticide. Its an over the top silly complicated air pilot valve that gives 16 times the flow that the old version gave (1mm port -> 4mm port). No idea if it will work but worth a try. If it works I will look at scaling it up for a 1kg robot.
I have given up on the custom air tanks as they leaked like a sieve, so modified aerosol tanks from now on.

Anticipation (15cm spinner from the last AWS) I have wanted to have folding arms on this for a while to come out either side of the disc for stability. I have found a couple of ratchets from an old toy that should fit nicely into the design. Watch this space for more info

CO2 ant has been put on hold, as I am not too happy about the design, maybe one day.

I am looking at bringing back strafen with suction to try and help the mecanum-ness and increase the pushing power. A small 9g brushless is on order and I will redesign the wheels to be thinner.

Kwijebo is to be rebuild as was when I have a free weekend. I am not too happy with how fast it moves, so going to rethink the legs.

Maybe a flea after all this.
TEAM GEEK!
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

YAY FOR FLEAS :D
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Digging up my old thread.

My robots have been sitting in their box too long, most of which aren't working. Gianticide my feather had a resonable run at the last few feather events hitting the roof netting :D. The only thing I don't like is the ammount of money that it needs to make a competative robot.

I am working on the new anticide design which I am transfering to cad. Its looking good on paper with an air piloted valve hopefully giving more pop to the flipper. I have also been toying with the idea of making a pump that can refil the air tank to give me more flips. I hope to have full cads later this week so I can get on and build it.
TEAM GEEK!
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

New valve/ram on order from shapeways so should be able to build a test rig in a couple of weeks to see if the new design works. In theory it has 63 times the flow of the previous version of anticide. I may try and reuse the same chassis from ALBOF with indervidual armour plates rather than the folding which idn't work quite as well as I had hoped. The plan is to have this ready for the AWS in July.

I have also been looking at the feasibility of scaling this into a featherweight full pressure flipper; its just the cost of giving it a go and the ammount of hours machining parts. However it should give about 9 times the flow of a burkert valve, which should be interesting.

Pics of the valve assembly in 2 weeks when it arrives.
TEAM GEEK!
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

It's over 2 weeks later, how's it looking?
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I have got the parts now and have had a first go at the valve. there are basically two plates with a rubber diaphram between them.

The problem i am geting was unexpected, the air is leaking arround the rubber up the bolt holes and out the other side of the diaphram. This is very annoying as its not easy to fix. I am off to buy some sealent later today and hopefully put a small edge on the top and bottom of the ram before boting it together.

TEAM GEEK!
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Playing arround with other ideas as josh's design. Does anyone know the internal and external diameter of the small lego ram?
TEAM GEEK!
Andrew_Hibberd

Re: New Anticide

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Thought I would update on anticide. I have given up on the diaphram valve idea as I can't seem to get the rubber to seal on the base of the ram. So I have recadded anticide using the A Little Bit of Fail Chassis, using a new valve idea and going to try out a pump

I have also been looking at making a new robot to replace the old ICant, and an improvement from the grab lift robot I had at aws33. Putting the new cnc machine to good work.

TEAM GEEK!