Flipsting compontent list 1.god knows what :P

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

JimBeeden

Flipsting compontent list 1.god knows what :P

Post by JimBeeden »

another day another post, but could you look at this list and see what you all think, and any improvements that can be done:

Drive: 2 x stec naro hp/bb ?11 roughly, heard they used to be standard drive for ants in a guide.
Weapon: hs81 micro already bought
Battery:GP1000 4.8v AAA Nimh RX FLAT
Wheels: 50mm foam (shop bought fairly hard foam)
Armour: Prototype: balsa cardboard and odd plastic for scoop, v.1: 1mm thick carton plastic, glued with warhammer plastic glue i think.
with a ar500 reciever and 2.4ghz dx5e
and a futuba plug style switch with charge harness
Flipsting Progress: Completed version 2, first was a cardboard version, pictures will be on website when its set up
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

I think a AAA battery pack might be a bit on the heavy side. If you can find 2/3AAA or even 1/3AAA they will save an awful lot of weight.
Other than that it looks OK, and not dissimilar to the majority of ants of a few years ago (except for the Spektrum).

I used to find that the Naro HP/BBs burned out the motors after a while - the price you pay for a lot of power in a small space.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
JimBeeden

Post by JimBeeden »

yeah they are 58g for the batterys, might replace with lighter ones but know that they fit in 150g with everything else and armour depends what my model shop can get, and hmm thats true, itll be the +f versions, which think are slightly improved, dont think are metal gears though, but for 11.50 for a start i can afford to burn out one or two i guess, probably buy a spare and modify it so i have a spare there
Flipsting Progress: Completed version 2, first was a cardboard version, pictures will be on website when its set up
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Don't get me wrong, they are good servos and should last several events. Like all servos (mis)used in this way, they are prone to stripping gears, but I think you can buy replacement gear sets for them.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
JimBeeden

Post by JimBeeden »

ah right yeah of course, and that would be good if you could
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

One of my ants;DiscordANT uses speed hacked naro HP/BB's for drive, and it is ridiculously fast. I use a 350mah, 4.8v NiMH batterry, a HS82 MG servo for the flipper and a Hitec HFS-05MS reciever. it's a pretty simple bot, and it's pretty effective, but speed hacking the servos is tricky, I burnt out 2 in the process :P But the standard 360 mod is fairly straight forward.
Hope this helps,
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
JimBeeden

Post by JimBeeden »

muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

adding to what gary said , naro servos are ok but have a very short life span and you will end up buying lots of them . there are servos with similar specs of a similar price around , the park hpx is a good example. theres nothing wrong with naro's , its just there are better alternatives.
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
JimBeeden

Post by JimBeeden »

ill see wat i can get