Metal armour rule

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

thats not ur age pete i'm doing something similar im struggling its a friday thing
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have got my befuddled brain in gear and got the counter working now. I think I can use the throttle cut button on the DX6i to fire the flipper with automatic reload in less than 1 sec. It is a pity the button is not on the left of the transmitter for easier use but that just leaves me the task to program it in now.
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

I've been working on the speed controller of urs and a walking robot powered by 18 servos its pretty cool watching it spaz out as i keep getting it wrong
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Was a decision made regarding the metal armour rules on saturday??

If so what was the result?

Thanks
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

The limitation on metal thickness was removed so rule J) and presumably L) will be removed.
Rule K) was retained as before.

j) The maximum thickness of metal armour is 1mm or 0.040" or 18 gauge (+/- 5% tolerance) (there are no thickness limits on non-metallic armour).

k) Armour consisting of one continuous metal plate must not protect more than one third of the robots perimeter (welded plates will be considered as a continuous metal plate).

l) Metal weapons that are more than 1mm thick, and that also provide armour-like protection, must be capable of remote controlled movement (with respect to the rest of the robot) in order to qualify as a weapon.
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

Can we confirm this?
not that i doubt Sir Waller (he's no spring chicken and he's always moaning about his memory :lol: ) just dont want to build a new Anto shell out of titanium and for it to not be allowed
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I can confirm that this was the decision that had the most votes, yes.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Did you take our (we who wasent able to attend) votes in count aswell?

I dont know if I count as a regular AWS participant, but I hope so.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

It was just the people there at the time, but there were only two votes in favor of banishing the rule, and everyone else was for keeping it, so it wouldnt've made much difference really.
The motion was carried. If someone feels the need to bring it up again at the next AWS so be it, but for now the rules are as Pete stated.

What is the arguement for a robot that has a mono-metal design, but argues that it is the weapon or part the chasis?
I'm thinking of a FBS like MBY with its milled shell, or an ant such as Anto where its really more chasis than armour. Sometimes its tough to call.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Actually Dave that is a good point we probably still need a modified version of rule L) something like:

Metal weapons, consisting of one continuous metal plate that also provide armour-like protection to more than 1/3 of the perimeter, must be capable of remote controlled movement (with respect to the rest of the robot) in order to qualify as a weapon.