I want to see more angles, and don't mind the longer production time
54%
I am happy with a basic camera shot and a quicker turnaround on the videos
8%

Total votes: 13

petec

AWS Video questions

Post by petec »

I thought it was time asking for some ideas on what people want from the AWS DVDs.....

I'm also open to requests for electronic delivery of video, although I'd have to work out the best option for that if people really prefer it - it would still need some cost, but obviously the post and DVD costs would be removed.

Any other suggestions welcomed...
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
petec

Post by petec »

Leo rightly pointed out that the poll wouldn't work in the announcement section due to permissions...
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

In my humble opinion Pete, you should save yourself a lot of time and effort and just put the raw footage out on youtube.

All the best - Simon
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Or for higher quality;
http://www.openfilm.com/

EDIT: I had a look through some High quality streaming sites and found that you can create your own Player with DivX, for free and no registration. Just link the videos and generate the code.
http://labs.divx.com/WebPlayer
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

For me Joacim, it's about generating interest in the sport. I believe that about 10% of all internet traffic is youtube. It's got to be youtube, even if they're stored somewhere else at a higher quality for perfectionists.

IMHO a constant stream of new robot wars style videos on youtube would help the sport more than Pete selling his DVDs, which I would guess are not actually making him any money (considering the time he must spend on them).

After selling about 4 RRC DVDs twice I decided to make them available on-line, and I can get the whole day's competitions off my mini DVDs and onto youtube in about three hours, and it's done, and I don't need to worry about it any more.

Simon
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I do agree with Simon, as I'm always searching for new robot fights on youtube, so there may be other people who will be inspired to join us. Maybe a comprimise? Maybe put some of the best fights on youtube with a link to this site? It may increase DVD sales too that way, if people want to see more.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39